Written By Sam Henselijn
5 of our Best Gluten Free Snacks. If you’re following a gluten-free diet, chances are you often feel stuck for snack ideas. In this post, we’ll explore the ins and outs of the lifestyle, plus 5 of our best selling gluten-free snacks to quench the cravings when a snack attack hits you. Read more to find about 5 of our best gluten free snacks.
What Is Gluten?
Gluten is simply a protein found in several grains such as wheat, barley, rye and triticale. And while gluten provides no essential nutrients in and of itself, foods with gluten often provide people with protein, soluble fiber and nutrients.
Is Gluten Free Really Better For You?
For those with celiac disease, gluten is toxic. But these days, following a gluten-free diet is also popular among people who haven’t been diagnosed with a medical condition. But there is vast evidence to support that, if you don’t have a condition, it may actually be detrimental to eliminate gluten.
Is Gluten Inflammatory?
Gluten by itself is not harmful or even unhealthy. For most people, gluten does not cause inflammation and doesn’t need to be avoided. But for those with Celiac Disease and Non-Celiac Gluten Sensitivity, it can be highly problematic. When these people ingest gluten, their immune system jumps into action, causing inflammation that can affect the body’s organs and soft tissue.
Benefits Of Gluten
About 4% of Americans have been diagnosed with some form of gluten intolerance, allergy, or sensitivity. For the other 96% of us, gluten is generally safe and won’t cause negative effects on the body. In fact, the protein may even contribute to overall gut health, because it is a prebiotic. Prebiotics provide nourishment for the good bacteria that reside in the gut. Maintaining healthy gut flora aids in digestion,
helps to prevent inflammation, and fuel your body.
Gluten is bad.
There is no conclusive evidence that gluten is bad for the average person’s health.
Gluten-free foods are better for you.
Simply being gluten-free doesn’t necessarily indicate a more nutritious product. In fact, many of these products are often loaded with sugar and fats to improve the texture.
You can’t have any sweets or “fun treats” on a gluten-free diet.
That’s totally a myth! There are many tasty options that are naturally made gluten-free, including chocolate, jelly beans, and several types of gummies.
You should avoid oats or rice.
It is a common misconception to think that gluten is in all grains or forms of starch. People with celiac can safely eat rice, potatoes, quinoa, and buckwheat. As for oats, they don’t contain gluten, but may have been processed with other foods that contain gluten. When in doubt, always read ingredient labels and look for a gluten-free labeling.
Our Top 5 Gluten Free Snacks
While times are changing, it’s not necessarily easy to find many gluten-free snack options. To help you out on your quest, here are a few of our best-selling products that you can enjoy safely.
When you find a gluten-free snack that is also high protein, not
Jelly Belly Jelly Beans
Yes, that’s right. Jelly belly jelly beans are totally gluten free! It’s only right that people on a restrictive diet get to enjoy a little something naughty once in a while too… Fans of the classic confections will love our more unusual flavors that include Toasted Marshmallows, Cinnamon Popcorn, and Blueberry Muffin.
Great news for gluten-free peeps: you get to enjoy handfuls of these Roasted & Salted Pumpkin Seeds with a clear conscience. The little seeds make a great snack on their own, but they’re also the perfect addition to smoothies, mixed into granola, yogurt, or even cereal.
Superfood Fruit Mix
A convenient snack for moments on the go, this Superfood Fruit Mix includes juicy and plump dried fruits like goji berry, ginger,
kiwi, papaya and apricots. A colorful and vibrant mix bursting full of flavor and vitamins.
Cherry Vanilla Jordan Almonds
Jordan Almonds are an old-timey treat that will always be classy. These Cherry Vanilla flavored ones look incredible with their white shiny coating and soft pink speckles. And of course, they taste even better. Perfect for baby showers, weddings, or any other celebration.
What is gluten?
Gluten is a protein found in grains such as wheat, barley, rye, and triticale, providing no essential nutrients but often accompanying nutrient-rich foods.
Is a gluten-free diet beneficial for everyone?
A gluten-free diet is essential for those with celiac disease, but for individuals without a medical condition, eliminating gluten may not offer benefits and could be detrimental.
Sam Henselijn Author’s Biography – Meet L’Orenta Nuts CEO