Seed and Nut Crackers with Avocado Dip Recipe
We have topped them with homemade avocado dip. Another more decadent option is delicious blue cheese and a drizzle of honey. Vary the seeds you use — these crackers can be a good way to use up the annoying dregs you often have left in the bottom of a packet.
½ cup raw almonds
¼ cup LSA
½ cup sunflower seeds
½ cup pumpkin seeds
¼ tsp salt
2 Tbsp oil
2 Tbsp water
For the dip
Zest and juice of ½ lemon
1 clove garlic
2 Tbsp chopped coriander
1 tsp chopped green chilli
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Into a blender, place the nuts, LSA, seeds, salt, oil and water. Blitz until it is starting to stick together like dough.
- Press the mixture on to the tray lined with baking paper and roll until cracker thin. Cut into crackers without cutting right through.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Cool on the tray before breaking into pieces.
- To make the dip, mash the avocado, lemon, garlic, coriander and green chilli together in a bowl 10 minutes before serving.
You don’t need a topping when making seed and nutcrackers. But, for this recipe, we have added avocado dip as our topping. You can also use blue cheese and a topping of honey. Let’s start by noting the ingredients.
- Two tablespoons of water
- One-quarter teaspoon of salt
- Two tablespoons of oil
- Half cup of raw almonds
- One-quarter cup of LSA
- Half cup of sunflower seeds
- Half cup of pumpkin seeds
Ingredients for the Dip
- One clove of garlic
- One teaspoon of chopped green chili
- One avocado
- The zest and Juice of ½ lemon
- Two tablespoons of chopped coriander
Start by preheating your oven. The recommended heat is 180 degrees celsius.
Place the nuts, seeds, LSA, salt, water, and oil into a blender. Turn on the blender and blend until the mixture sticks like dough.
Next, press the mixture on the tray, lined up with baking paper. Then, roll on the paper till it’s cracker-thin. Then, cut them into crackers.
The next step is to bake for twenty minutes. Allow them to cool on the tray before you break them into pieces.
Mash the avocados, lemon, garlic, coriander, and chili to make the dip. This should be done ten minutes before serving.
To get more recipes and stay on top of your baking game, visit us at lorentanuts.com for more unique recipes.