Absolutely almost no one says no to salads! With the Holidays right around the corner this recipe is coming at the perfect time, especially, if you love cranberries. Here’s how to make this fluffy cranberry salad in the comfort of your home:
- 2 cups finely crushed cranberries
- One sugar cup
- Small marshmallows in 2 cups
- 1 (8-oz) can of undrained, crushed pineapple
- 1 (8-oz) container of thawed frozen whipped topping
- For garnish, add additional whipped topping, marshmallows, and pecans (optional)
- Put the marshmallows and the pineapple in one bowl and the cranberries and sugar in the other.
- Allow it to stand at room temperature for 30 to 60 minutes, or until the cranberries are frothy and have released a lot of juice.
- In a large basin, combine both components, and thoroughly stir. For up to 24 hours, cover and chill the food.
- When ready, take it from the refrigerator and whisk.
- Stir in the thawed whipped topping.
- After 30 minutes of chilling, serve right away.
- If desired, garnish with additional whipped topping, chopped pecans, and marshmallows.
Here’s an extra tip: Avoid knocking out any air by carefully folding in the whipped topping since the goal is to make a fluffy salad. Cranberries, pineapples, and pecans are available at L’Orenta