Recipe | Apricot and Macadamia Squares | L’Orenta Nuts
- ¾ cup of brown sugar
- 2 cups of L’Orenta Nuts Raw Jumbo Macadamia Nuts
- 1 ½ teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons of almond milk
- 1 cup of L’Orenta Nuts Semi Dried Apricots
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups of self-raising flour
- ¾ cup of vegan sour cream
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- Powdered sugar for dusting
- 125-gram of butter finely chopped and stored at room temperature
Set the oven range to 180 degrees Celsius and preheat it. Slightly grease a slice pan measuring about 18x28cm. Properly line the sides and base with baking powder but take the lining to 2cm above the long sides.
Take out the vanilla, sugar, and butter and keep in a large bowl. Next, beat all three together to a creamy state while in the bowl with an electric mixer. Next, put one egg at a time into the bowl and beat well each time you add an egg, ensuring you scrape down the sides of the bowl.
Furthermore, sift the spice and flour together and lightly fold the combination into a cream mixture. Or, do the same procedure with sour milk and cream and flour. Put the mixture into a pan and spread. Add apricot puree as toppings and cover the leftover cake batter carefully.
Add a sprinkle of macadamia with sugar, then put cinnamon. Allow to bake for 45-50 minutes and stop baking as long as it is well cooked. Next, put it in the pan for about 5 minutes and transfer the baked meal to a wire rack. This allows it to cool off. Lastly, dust with the icing sugar. Furthermore, cut the meal into squares and serve.
Browse through a long list of the recipes for many other drinks at lorentanuts.com!