Make these easy to make and delicious pecan pie bars from the convenience of your own kitchen. This pecan pie bar recipe is simple to follow and takes about an hour total to prep and cook. Our medium or midget chopped pecans are perfect for this recipe. Get ready for your new favorite pecan dessert!
1 h 5 m36 servings 233 cals
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup margarine
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups light corn syrup
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 3 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups chopped pecans
- Prep 20 m
- Cook 45 m
- Ready In 1 h 5 m
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 10×15 inch jellyroll pan.
- In a large bowl, stir together the flour, 1/2 cup sugar, and salt. Cut in 1 cup of margarine until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle the mixture evenly over the prepared pan, and press in firmly.
- Bake for 20 minutes in the preheated oven.
- While the crust is baking, prepare the filling. In a large bowl mix together the eggs, corn syrup, 1 1/2 cups sugar, 3 tablespoons margarine, and vanilla until smooth. Stir in the chopped pecans. Spread the filling evenly over the crust as soon as it comes out of the oven.
- Bake for 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until set. Allow to cool completely on a wire rack before slicing into bars.
Per Serving: 233 calories; 12 g fat; 30.7 g carbohydrates; 2.5 g protein; 21 mg cholesterol; 118 mg sodium.