Written By Sam Henselijn
These bacon wrapped dates are very easy to make, delicious and not your everyday treat. Learn below how to make these! This recipe includes almonds but you can replace them with another nut if you like.
- 24 pieces of whole dried dates
- 12 bacon slices, sliced in half.
Optional Filling Varieties include:
- 24 pieces of whole almonds
- 4 ounces of softened cream cheese
- 4 ounces of blue cheese
- 4 ounces of goat cheese
- Set the oven’s temperature to 400 F and ensure a rimmed baking sheet with foil-lined edges is placed on top of an oven-safe baking rack.
- Put toothpicks in a shallow water dish and let them soak for 20 minutes while the oven is heating up.
- Dates should be cut lengthwise on one side to make an opening. If necessary, take out the pit.
- Place 1 almond or 1 teaspoon of goat cheese, cream cheese, or blue cheese in the cavity. Make sure the filling is ultimately put into the date and isn’t dripping out the sides by using a spoon or your fingers.
- Divide each strip of bacon into two. (Each date should have a slice of cut bacon wrapped around it)
- Place into the prepared baking dish, then secure with a pre-soaked toothpick. The wrapped dates can also be placed seam-side down on the baking dish that has been prepared.
- Bacon should be crispy after baking for 12 to 15 minutes. Remember that you should rotate your dates halfway through cooking if you’re using a broiler pan rather than a baking rack on top of a sheet pan to guarantee equal browning of the bacon.
- To remove extra grease, place the bacon-wrapped dates on a platter covered with paper towels. After cooling, serve.
Add some pieces of bacon around your fist-sized dates, cook them up in the oven, and you’ll never miss candy again. It is the perfect snack for you. It’s gluten-free and low in sugar. We’ve got other premium nuts and treats at lorentanuts.com. Give them a shot today!
Sam Henselijn Author’s Biography – Meet L’Orenta Nuts CEO