Make your own Almond Milk at home, easy and delicious!
– 1 cup raw almonds, preferably organic
– 2 cups water, plus more for soaking
– Optional: Sweeteners such as honey, sugar, agave syrup, or maple syrup, to taste.
– Place almonds in a bowl and add about an inch of water. Let stand on the counter, covered with a cloth, overnight, or refrigerate for up to 2 days. The longer the almonds soak, the creamier the almond milk.
– Drain almonds from water and rinse them under cool running water. At this point, the almonds should feel a little squishy if you pinch them.
– Place the almonds in the blender and add 2 cups of water.
– Blend at the highest speed for 2 minutes. Pulse the blender a few times to break up the almonds, then blend continuously for two minutes. The almonds should be broken down into a very fine meal and the water should be white and opaque.
– Line the strainer with either the opened nut bag or cheese cloth, and place over a measuring cup. Pour the almond mixture into the strainer.
– Gather the nut bag or cheese cloth around the almond meal and twist close. Squeeze and press with clean hands to extract as much almond milk as possible. You should get about 2 cups.
– Sweeten to taste with preferred sweetener such as honey, agave syrup or sugar.
– Store the almond milk in sealed containers in the fridge for up to two days.