Creme Brûlée, delicious and easy to make!
6 egg yolks
6 tablespoons white sugar, divided
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups heavy cream
2 tablespoons brown sugar
– Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C)
– Beat egg yolks, 4 tablespoons white sugar and vanilla extract in a mixing bowl until thick and creamy
– Pour cream in saucepan and stir over low heat until almost boiling. Remove the cream from heat immediately. Stir cream into the egg yolk mixture; beat until combined
– Pour cream mixture into the top pan of a double boiler. Stir over simmering water until mixture lightly coats the back of a spoon, about 3 minutes. Remove mixture from heat immediately and pour into a shallow heat-proof dish
– Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes
– Remove from oven and cool to room temperature
– Refrigerate for at least 1 hour or overnight
Preheat oven to broil.
– In a small bowl combine remaining 2 tablespoons white sugar and brown sugar
– Sift this mixture evenly over custard. Place dish under broiler until sugar melts, about 2 minutes. Watch carefully so as not to burn
– Remove from heat and allow to cool
– Refrigerate until custard is set again
Indulge Your Senses!