- 2 flax eggs – (or use 2 small eggs)
- 2 medium ripe bananas
- 3 Tbsp. agave nectar, maple syrup or honey
- 3 Tbsp. unsweetened vanilla or plain almond milk
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup almond meal (ground from L'Orenta Whole Natural Almonds - (do not use almond flour or pre-ground store bought)
- 1/2 cup + 2 Tbsp. oat flour (ground from Gluten-free oats)
- Optional toppings: chopped nuts, rolled oats, crumb topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a muffin pan with paper liners
- In a large bowl, prepare flax egg by mixing flaxseed and water, let rest for a few minutes
- Add bananas and mash. Add agave, baking powder, vanilla, almond milk and stir.
- Add almond meal and oat flour and stir once more. Taste, add more sweetener if desired
- Bake for 25-34 minutes - ready when toothpick inserted into center comes out clean
- Remove and let rest in pan for 5 minutes.
- Completely cool on a cooling rack. They can be tender when they're warm.
- Store in an airtight container or covered with plastic wrap for several days. Freeze for longer storage.
- Serving size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 158
- Fat: 7g
- Carbohydrates: 21g
- Sugar: 10g
- Fiber: 3.7g
- Protein: 4.5g
Indulge Your Senses!