5 Savory Snacks For Hot And Spicy Food Day | L’Orenta Nuts
International Hot & Spicy Food Day is coming up and we are sharing our favorite savory snacks. This January 16th we have found some of the best savory snacks to celebrate with. Before we dive head first into these spicy treats, let’s take just a moment to learn about the history of the holiday!
The History of Hot and Spicy Food Day
Spices have been enjoyed by people for over 6,000 years, and it definitely won’t be ending any time soon. Most spices have a lot of medicinal uses, along with being a great flavor in dishes. They can help with inflammation and lowering cholesterol; some have even been proven to help with moods! Some commonly used spices for health benefits are:
- Chili pepper
Countries all around the world make use of spices in their day to day lives, and this is a day to celebrate that! Not only celebrate spiciness itself, but to try new flavors that are enjoyed internationally!
- Now that our mini history lesson is over, let’s jump right in!Starting off the list of yummy new snacks to try is South Texas Heat. This snack mix, containing pecans, honey toasted peanuts, toasted corn, and pumpkin seeds has the perfect balance of heat! It is a hearty and healthy snack with:
- 7g of protein
- 7% of your daily iron
- 3g of fiber
This mix is the perfect grab-and-go snack for anyone looking to get some nutrition and heat!
- Wasabi is a flavor that is not only delicious, but incredibly beneficial. That’s the secret to these wasabi soy cashews. Give these a try, and enjoy the incredible nutrition it brings to your body:
- 5g of protein
- 3g of fiber
- 10% of your daily iron
That’s not all! This snack is a great source of healthy fats and ati-oxidants; these help with hair, skin, and nails! What better way to celebrate a holiday than with something that benefits you as well?
- Another great spicy mix to try is the Fiesta Mix. This is guaranteed to start a party in your mouth, introducing incredible spicy flavors! This mix contains:
- Roasted and salted almonds
- Wasabi peas
- Roasted and salted peanuts
- Cajun sticks
- Wasabi soy cashews
This snack has a little bit of everything; meaning there will be no boredom with this! Not to mention the fact it also has 9g of protein, 5% of your daily calcium, and 7% of your daily iron. If you are looking to try something new and unique this Hot and Spicy day, this is highly recommended!
- Cajun sticks are featured in the Fiesta Mix (found above), butthey are delicious on their own too! These are bite-sized and perfect for snacking, or even adding to other things! We suggest:
These spicy snacks also contain 6g of protein, and 6% of your daily iron! Adding heat, and nutrition, into your diet is a win-win situation! Toss a bag of these in your backpack next time you go hiking, and thank us later.
- Rounding up this heated list is a new item: BeanBoozeled Fiery Five Challenge. This is perfect for anyone who is a heat fanatic. If you think you can handle the spice, this is the true test! These spicy candies come in 5 flavors:
- Carolina Reaper
Work your way up the heat list, or if you are feeling brave, dive right in and try them all at once! Either way, this unique treat is a great way to celebrate Hot and Spicy day.
Now that you have some good ideas, what do you plan to do this January 16th? Shop your spicy snacks from L’Orenta now!